Monday, September 7, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness in Connie's Honor

This is an email from Barbara, Bob & Connie McGrath's daughter, who lives in San Diego. For those of you who may not know, Connie is Ed's sister. She is a breast cancer survivor. Barbara, we are all very proud of your taking up this cause.

From: Barbara Preston [mailto:barbarapreston@cox.net] Subject: Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk

Hi Annette,

I thought I’d let y’all know that I’m going to walk in this year’s 3-day, 60 MILE walk to raise funds to find a cure for breast cancer. (
www.the3day.org) . I’ll wear Connie’s name, along with others, to honor her fight. I’ve already started training…don’t even know how many miles I’ve logged so far. Yesterday we did almost 12 miles all around San Diego. Tomorrow will be 8-10. I’ll send some pictures as I remember to take them!

The walk is in November but I’m fundraising now. Anyone who would like to donate can do so online at my webpage,
www.the3day.org/goto/barbara or do so by calling 800-966-3Day and giving them my name. If anyone wants to send a check, the link for the donation form is at http://www.the3day.org/site/TRGiftForm?fr_id=1298&px=2969849

You also can check out my progress (as I begin updating the page)

Hope all is well with you and the rest of the family. Give Connie a hug for me when you see her! Isn’t her birthday on Thursday?

Love,
Barbara
www.the3day.org/goto/barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment